To Do:
Well something about having the opportunity for my dream birth got my butt in pregnancy motion. So I have been crazy busy trying to start and check off a to do list. Here is my list so far--please add things that you think I should do!
To Do:
1. Find a Pediatrician.
2. Find a doula.
3. Find a Chiropractor for me and baby and troy if I can get him to finally see one! LOL
4. Book classes for a weekend childbirth prep, breastfeeding and if time-babywearing/cloth diapers classes.
5. Find a eco-friendly online site to register at (the come up with a need list---remember my goal is as much hand-me-downs and second hand I can get) and find a book store to register at.
6. Find/order my placenta capsule kit (I will blog on this later).
7. Figure out how to get Birth Certificate/Social Security card for baby and then get passport.
8. Call insurance company and see if they will cover a home birth, doula, classes, breastpump, etc. (I'm sure they will because we have amazing insurance!) If not nothing changes. Also figure out what we need to do to add the baby to the plan and get it a card.
9. Update my will, get Troy a will. After talking to the two couple we will put on the will for in case we both die with minor children.
10. Troy needs to find a church and become a member so we can figure out the Lutheran baptism stuff, and also figure out the Bahai dedication stuff....figure out when we should do them.
11. Baby shower?!?! No idea how that's going to work....I have an idea of what I want. Did you throw your own or did someone else---if someone else-who and did they offer or did you ask them to? Did you have yours before or after baby?
12. Pick out a new piece of luggage for baby--I love luggage shopping! LOL
I know I'm forgetting things....help me out ladies does this sound good, what am I missing? I need the list to make sure it gets checked off because once I leave the country post baby it will be so much harder for me to do stuff.
Followers
My Blog List
-
blush comforter set5 years ago
-
-
-
Cub Scout hike8 years ago
-
My King (2015)10 years ago
-
Daniel12 years ago
-
Changing Moods12 years ago
-
I'm a BIG fan of Gardens12 years ago
-
More March- Muffins for Mom!13 years ago
-
Baby Girl is ONE!15 years ago
-
-
-
Catching up on my layouts17 years ago
-
4 Weeks Old!17 years ago
-
-
Twilight Midnight Release Party17 years ago
-
16 weeks 1 day17 years ago
-
A new hope!!17 years ago
-
I love my nephew!!17 years ago
-
Pesto Tuna Cakes17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Disclaimer
The blog posts are based on the knowledge, research, and experiences of the blog author and owner. Each mother, baby and pregnancy are unique, and the blog author can assume no liability for the use of the information published on this blog. All blog readers are encouraged to do their own research and to seek appropriate medical consultation and care whenever indicated.
It is a sign of wisdom, not cowardice, to seek a second or third opinion.



6 comments:
Sounds like a good start so far. I agree 100% with you on the will. Even after 12 years of marriage I can't seem to get Jason to write one. What is it with men being afraid to face their own, eventual, mortality?
He will do one, the reason he didn't have one before was because he didn't own anything to pass down LOL. And his retirement plan had me as beneficiary so there was really no need for one. I had one since I had a house (which is still in my maiden name because I refuse to pay over $500 for them to simply change it!) and some other minor assets prior to marriage.
Sounds like you have a whole lot of stuff to do. Get moving!
You have a long list there...but a comprehensive one! I will be havin my baby shower (hopefully) before baby gets here, but there is nothing wrong with a "Meet the Baby" schedule if that works better for you.
When you talk to the insurance company, see when we have to put the baby on the policy. Do we need to have the baby on the policy before it is born so that anything needed the day (or so) after it is born is covered?
Okay first, usually someone else hosts the party and usually a friend will offer or family will offer and contact you. Timing is up to you. We had one before the baby was here and one from my work after the baby was here. And then another from Jarrods work when she was three months. So you get to pick. I liked having one before as it got me excited and then I knew what else to but after the baby was here. It was harder after because people bought stuff we already had bought because we needed it before the shower.
As far as the insurance, you can not add until the baby is born and then most insurance companies give you 30 days to add them to the policy but they cover from their birth but check with the company.
Post a Comment