I am going to try to get find a tripod today so that my pictures will be at the same height and distance each week. But until then you will have to endure Troy's photo skills. I will be taking profile pictures on each side so you all can enjoy watching my tattoo stretch LOL.


Not yet a baby---here is info on my little Blastocyt---
Your pregnancy: 3 weeks
How your baby's growing: What's going on in your womb now? A lot. Your baby-in-the-making is just a tiny ball consisting of several hundred cells that are multiplying madly. Once the ball of cells (called a blastocyst) takes up residence in your uterus, the part of it that will develop into the placenta starts producing the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin), which tells your ovaries to stop releasing eggs and triggers increased production of estrogen and progesterone (which keep your uterus from shedding its lining — and its tiny passenger — and stimulates placental growth). HCG is the hormone that turns
pregnancy tests positive; by the end of this week, you may be able to take one and get a positive result! (If your test is negative and you still haven't gotten your period in two or three days, try again then.)
Meanwhile, amniotic fluid is beginning to collect around your ball of cells in the cavity that will become the amniotic sac. This fluid will cushion your baby in the weeks and months ahead. Right now, your little blastocyst is receiving oxygen and nutrients (and discarding waste products) through a primitive circulation system made up of microscopic tunnels that connect your developing baby to the blood vessels in your uterine wall. The placenta won't be developed enough to take over this task until the end of next week.
2 comments:
Hey Angela,
I love how you have these picks on your daily blog but in a different context. I am glad I did belly picks, it is fun to look back on.
Laura O
I thought it would be fun to post my monthly pictures without the people we can't tell yet knowing! I plan to do my 8week belly shots with my belly dancing gear on! Not sure what I will do with 12 weeks....my family will know right then, but Troy's will not know for 3 more weeks.
Post a Comment