Tests
Today I took another big step in making this process a realization. I got online and purchased some mid-stream urine home pregnancy tests (HPT) and some ovulation prediction tests (OPK). I got them at www.saveontests.com per some friends recommendations. I bought 10 HPTs and 50 OPKs. I bought so many because when we are traveling its hard to find things you want with English directions....well this is one thing I NEED to be able to read. I should get them at my mailbox in 7-10 days!
I am getting the OPK tests because we are using the Shettle's method to try to get a boy. The bases of this method is that male sperm swim faster and dye faster then female sperm. Female sperm take longer to get to the egg but will live up to 5 days. Male sperm will get to the egg in 12hrs but will only live for 36 hrs. So if you are trying for a boy, like us, you will try and BD (baby-dance) on the day you ovulate or one day before. I am doing BBT charting to determine about when that is during the month but you only have confirmation that you did ovulate the day after--which is then to late. So during the time I know I am fertile I will use my OPK to tell me when I will ovulate.
How does the OPKs work:
Luteinizing hormone (LH) is always present in urine, but it increases dramatically just before ovulation. You get an LH surge that triggers the ovulation. So this test will measure my LH level, and you normally see this LH surge 24-36 hours before you ovulate. So this would be prime BD time for TTC a boy.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
|
Labels:
Tests
|
Followers
My Blog List
-
blush comforter set5 years ago
-
-
-
Cub Scout hike8 years ago
-
My King (2015)10 years ago
-
Daniel12 years ago
-
Changing Moods12 years ago
-
I'm a BIG fan of Gardens12 years ago
-
More March- Muffins for Mom!13 years ago
-
Baby Girl is ONE!16 years ago
-
-
-
Catching up on my layouts17 years ago
-
4 Weeks Old!17 years ago
-
-
Twilight Midnight Release Party17 years ago
-
16 weeks 1 day17 years ago
-
A new hope!!17 years ago
-
I love my nephew!!17 years ago
-
Pesto Tuna Cakes17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Disclaimer
The blog posts are based on the knowledge, research, and experiences of the blog author and owner. Each mother, baby and pregnancy are unique, and the blog author can assume no liability for the use of the information published on this blog. All blog readers are encouraged to do their own research and to seek appropriate medical consultation and care whenever indicated.
It is a sign of wisdom, not cowardice, to seek a second or third opinion.



2 comments:
I wonder if/how Shettles would work for us, because of Mike's sperm count, we BD the day before ovulation and the day after (we have to go every other day).
Goodluck on conceiving! We hope everything goes well.
Post a Comment