OK mother-nature YOU WIN!
Ok so first mothernature hits me with a UTI, then a yeast infection now THIS. Not sure what this is yet....101.2 fever, muscle aches, BAD headache, cough, joint pain. I'm guessing I have the flu. However DH got the below as a warning today from work...
*Officials in Thailand report rise in dengue fever and leptospirosis cases.
*Location affefected: Thailand
*Begins: 10/06/2008
*Content:
Current Situation
Health officials in Thailand are reporting that more than 67,000 people have fallen ill with dengue fever this year, a sharp increase compared to 14,000 cases reported in early June. The southern Rayong Province is the hardest hit; officials have declared it a dengue fever disaster zone. Other highly affected areas include the central provinces of Nakhon Sawan and Phetchabun and Bangkok. This year's figures are approximately 70 percent higher than those for the same period in 2007.
Due to heavy rains earlier this year, officials are also reporting a rise in leptospirosis cases throughout Thailand. Since Jan. 1, officials have confirmed more than 580 leptospirosis cases in the provinces of Khon Kaen, Lop Buri, Phitsanulok and Prachin Buri.
Background
The main dengue season in Thailand is concurrent with the rainy season - May through November. Cases traditionally peak in July. Thailand has one of the highest rates of dengue fever in the world. In 2002 - a record year for the disease in Thailand - there were 114,800 cases and 176 deaths.
Dengue fever is transmitted through the bite of an infected mosquito. Infection produces a spectrum of clinical illness, ranging from a flu-like viral illness to severe and fatal hemorrhagic disease. Symptoms usually last about seven days and include sudden onset of high fever, severe headache, joint and muscle pain, rash, nausea and vomiting. Dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF), a severe form of the disease, occurs in people, who have previously been infected with a different strain of dengue.
Advice
Avoid this disease by staying inside screened or air-conditioned areas whenever possible and using strict personal protection measures to avoid mosquito bites.
There is no immunization for this disease.
Seek the advice of a physician if a fever develops within two weeks of leaving Thailand. Do not use aspirin products if you think you may have dengue, as they can exacerbate the bleeding tendencies associated with this disease.
So Rayong is the city I hung out two weeks ago for a BBQ and the Koh Samet the island is also in Rayong area! So I have been there about 5 days in the last 3 weeks!
I don't think I have Dengue because I don't have a rash. And I have looked EVERYWHERE! LOL But now I just hope all this crap is out of my system by next week when I think (Hope) I ovulate. Part of me is discouraged but part of me is happy. Partly happy because we plan on going to Australia after this assignment, and if i'm not pregnant then I can scuba dive in the great barrier reef and have a few drinks with a friend in Newcastle. So I guess its up to mother-nature. She wins-its in her hands now!
Followers
My Blog List
-
blush comforter set5 years ago
-
-
-
Cub Scout hike8 years ago
-
My King (2015)10 years ago
-
Daniel12 years ago
-
Changing Moods12 years ago
-
I'm a BIG fan of Gardens12 years ago
-
More March- Muffins for Mom!13 years ago
-
Baby Girl is ONE!15 years ago
-
-
-
Catching up on my layouts17 years ago
-
4 Weeks Old!17 years ago
-
-
Twilight Midnight Release Party17 years ago
-
16 weeks 1 day17 years ago
-
A new hope!!17 years ago
-
I love my nephew!!17 years ago
-
Pesto Tuna Cakes17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Disclaimer
The blog posts are based on the knowledge, research, and experiences of the blog author and owner. Each mother, baby and pregnancy are unique, and the blog author can assume no liability for the use of the information published on this blog. All blog readers are encouraged to do their own research and to seek appropriate medical consultation and care whenever indicated.
It is a sign of wisdom, not cowardice, to seek a second or third opinion.



3 comments:
Ugggg! I hope you feel better soon. And that it's not dengue.
The cycle I got pregnant I had a fever/diarrhea/achy body thing go on for a day or two right before my HSG. CD 10 or so? I think if it happens early-ish in the cycle you can bounce back.
Good to know! Thanks!
Man its just so exhausting and annoying to be sick, especially when you arent always sure what it is
HEALTHY DUST!
Post a Comment